The New Albany Company:
The New Albany Company began with a simple, yet audacious idea: Build a community – not just another housing development or subdivision – but an entire community where the enduring traditions of 19th century towns create harmony between the buildings and the land and a distinctive sense of place for those who live and work there. Inspired by the great country communities of the world, international retail visionary Les Wexner and business and civic leader Jack Kessler did just that.
New Albany is…
- a nationally-recognized master planned community surrounded by meadows, woodlands and waterways.
- a business climate with an entrepreneurial spirit that drives commerce in a 4,000-acre Business Park.
- stately Georgian architecture in an understated palette.
- pedestrian-friendly amenities that encourage interaction.
- a village square with a library, healthy living center, arts center, restaurants and shops.
- a nationally-ranked school system on a 200-acre learning community campus.
- connected neighborhoods with parks and over 36 miles of leisure trails.
VeloScience Bike Works, a destination for cycling equipment, accessories and service, currently occupies the space that will become Whit’s Frozen Custard. The popular merchant opened at Market Square in October 2012 and quickly became the go-to destination for top brands of road bikes, apparel and community building around the sport of cycling. Cycling has grown…Continue Reading